View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: what if Partypoker mucks your hand?

In situations like this, you should contact Party -- preferably by phone. Give them the hand number and ask them to review.

They can't -- and won't -- refund any money to you, but they will offer a bonus which you'll need to play through some hands to clear.

Note: If your hand is clearly strong and you would have bet, you can get a bonus out of this to compensate. If your hand was crap and you intended to steal, it probably won't work.

Last year, I had a situation somewhat like yours -- I had aces up and was betting all the way, but on the river card, no action buttons appeared. I couldn't bet, check, or anything. My hand got folded and I lost the pot. I immediately called Party with the hand history number. At first they denied having a problem with their software, and said I need to turn off acceleration on my graphics card -- I replied that I had already done that because of past problems. I pointed out that I'm a regular player and could they PLEASE just look at the hand; it was obvious that I would have bet. I begged them to review the hand several times. Don't give up! I finally gave her the number and she said to hold on a moment. . . they reviewed the hand and gave me a consolation bonus of $50 (no deposit necessary, 50 raked hands to clear.) The bonus amount was actually more than the pot (after subtracting my contribution to the pot), so I made out on the deal.

When talking to them, just remember: the majority of phone call complaints they get are BS; loser or idiots looking for refunds. Their attitude is based on that. Bear with them and you'll get through.