View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: ATo preflop - I have no idea

[ QUOTE ]
I remember a lot of discussion about wether to raise of limp hands like ATo KQo and KJo from EP. Especially I remember some excellent posts from GrunchCan arguing a preflop raise with these hands. Unfortunately it seems that I'm not intelligent enough to find these posts using the fantastic search function, maybe some of you guys remember these posts as well? When I put what I remember together with the fact that this game is 8-handed, I'm voting for a raise with this PF. Could you please tell me why we don't want to raise PF here?

Edited to say that I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'd just really like to know why it's wrong to raise this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few months ago, I asked Grunchcan the same thing. What Grunchcan was talking about its essential to open-raise or fold OS broadway cards PF to (I believe) discourage a multiway pot(somebody check me on that?)

I suppose I would have no problem raising in hero's spot if UTG was a notably bad player, and the only possiblity of a CC to my raise are from donks with much worse hands.