View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: ATo preflop - I have no idea

[ QUOTE ]
If you thought the ATo was worth playing, I think it would have been worth the price to raise it from EP and call the reraise if MP1 goes over the top. If MP1 reraises pre-flop and raises on the flop (assuming you check), then I'd be more sure that the villain has an overpair (or at least hit the top pair).

[/ QUOTE ]
If this kind of thing happens it doesn't really matter what villain has. A PF3-bettor will almost always have ATo dominated unless he's a total LAG.

[ QUOTE ]
It might cost you two more bets (the raise and call of a reraise) to gain this information, but in the long run, it might be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic is flawed. When we raise preflop, we are raising because we have solid equity with a good hand, and because we gain the ability to "take control" of the hand postflop. However, from EP with ATo, I don't think we have enough equity to raise preflop. A call would be superior.

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, it just looks like this op could run over the table with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
But Villain is not running over the table, as far as we know. If he starts to, then we can adjust our game accordingly. It is not worth it to start raising marginal hands just so that villain doesn't start to run over the table. You will lose a lot of money this way.

[ QUOTE ]
Given the way the hand played out, the fold on the flop was a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 11:1, I think a strong case can be made for calling here, when we consider our backdoor draws and implied odds.