View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Play Along: Hand Protection and Pot Odds

[ QUOTE ]
Ok let's see.

He 3 bet's preflop and raise the flop. What type of hands can he have. He wouldn't do this with 77 or lower that's for sure. Would he 3 bet preflop with 99? It's either TT+ in terms of pocket pairs and how do you think about AQs AQo? I will give him a TT+ AKs range here because of his actions and against that range, we are not in a good condition, 4-1 underdog. I fold it here feeling good about myself.

But if I was to call, I bet any non scary non heart turn and fold to a raise since that makes me 100% of TT+.

Seems like I am the only one folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are onto something, Heaven. However, I am not necessarily sure that button's handrange is so narrow. He 3-bets preflop after an MP openraiser (who does not necessarily have a big hand) called by a loose CO (who neither necessarily has a big hand), so if button is good he can see value in 3-betting a lot of hands. He also may raise with overs/ OESD/ flush draw etc. for a free card so a call is warranted. I would 3-bet to charge CO for his mediocre hand and see if button caps (the flop is the cheapest street to do this). As you write, a reevalution is necessary on the turn.

P.S. I am not sure what is the best play in this hand.