View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Should I use rebuys?

Every week I have a NL texas holdem tournament and usually get between 6-10 players. The buyin is $20 for T300. The blinds go up every 30min and I allow rebuys until the beginning of level 5. The rebuy only costs $10 for T300.
My problem is I find the play extremely loose for the first 2 hours with maybe only one or two people folding preflop (even with raises). This also makes the game go very slow with about 9 hands per a level (using 2 decks). There are many rebuys due to all the loose crazies. It's good that it puts more money in the pot but I would like the game to speed up alittle more and have fewer players to a flop.
So, I'm wondering what would be the best idea to try and limit the loose play.
Option 1: Take out rebuys completely and if you bust in the first hour too bad! Also, some might want a bigger buyin since there won't be any rebuys so maybe $30 buyin to compensate.
Option 2: Only allow rebuys if 7 players or less are playing because action is quicker with less people.
Option 3: Make the rebuy period end after level 3 (3-6 blinds and gives 90min of play) because in level 4 (5-10 blinds) is where most of the rebuys occur.
Option 4: Make the rebuy more expensive. $20, $30, $40????
Option 5: Leave it...
Option 6: Something else?
What do you guys think? Thanks for any input on this matter.