View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Why aren\'t you better?

[ QUOTE ]

wrong. the only way to play perfectly is to know your opps hole cards every single hand. it doesn't happen. you are 100% incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it depends on how you define perfectly, obviously. If you knew the ranges of hands that everybody would make certain actions with exactly, then you could play perfectly with that level of information, for example. I do agree with your general point that there aren't perfect poker players, though, simply because it's a really nebulous concept. How well you do and how well you play really depends heavily on who you match up against. To get enough information about these players to allow "perfect" play would take an unrealistically large number of hands; to be sure, much information can be gleaned from fewer, but perfect is a pretty lofty standard.

Back to the original topic: there are many ways that I could improve. Poker has been recreational for me, and as such I've enjoyed some pretty execrable bankroll management ($30 rebuys several nights in a row was perhaps not the strongest of plans) and occasionally poor game selection. I'm working on improving the first. I also tend to fall into fancy play syndrome and enjoy playing lots of hands. This isn't too bad until either a) I decide I should win more of them, or b) I think that the average player I'm up against is making huge adjustments to me and consequently I end up making incredibly boneheaded calls. I like calling.