View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: i open limped on the button

I fold, and I am not sure I understand the arguments for anything else. It seems clear that you don't have enough equity against two random hands to limp. It also seems clear that these players will not be folding any pair against you. There are many hands to come and you will have many chances to take advantage of these players.

I see a very high danger that you will feel lost against these players on each street. You could bet all three streets and get called on the flop and turn by everything from a gutshot, to overcards, to top pair. You have no hope of knowing where you stand unless they both fold, or they raise, neither of which is likely. Players with those stats aren't going to fold many flops either. I would say that more than half the time they will find a reason to peel, even if you bet the flop.

Raising is better as you have some chance to eliminate the SB and you gain the presumption that you have the best hand. Perhaps more importantly raising buys you the ace. Even the dimmest bulbs (especially the dimmest bulbs) of the poker world defer to the raiser if an ace flops. They might even fold bottom pair.

Calling would be my last choice.