View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Trying to Build my Bankroll...Critique My Plan...

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I am planning on re-depositing 200 bucks on party on January 1st and slowly working my way up to 1000 by playing then 11 dollar buyins (20-25 tourneys per day on average). At that point I will move over to the 22's and try to get up to 4,000 (same amount of tourney's per day as the 11's). At 4,000 my plan is to 2-3 table the 1-2 NL game short handed game...which I have been working on religiously through poker academy software and reading Ciaffone's No-Limit book and TOP. Hopefully I will eventually get to 10,000 and then can (with much humility and practice), be able to move to the 3-6 NL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a bad way to go about it. Saying I want to have $x by Jan and then $x + $y by April, etc. is setting yourself up for disaster. What happens if you miss? What happens if you go on a rush? Then you try and 'take a shot' and move up quicker? I would be more concerned with how you are playing rather than how much money you have. That stuff will take care of itself if you are playing well. Seems like you have the wrong mindset.