View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: 180man SNG Hand #1 - Really really weird AKs

Yeah, you're right about the button. But let's say he was down to $800 or so in that situation? Triple up and he's right back in the thick of things. I'd go for it, but I'm fairly new at this and I like to gamble.

I have won one of these 180s at Stars though and made the final table at 4 others by gambling like a maniac (out of maybe 30-40 total played - so I guess I'm up a little). I've also had a few big stack meltdowns or I'd have been in the top 3 a couple more times. I figure being willing to risk my whole stack is my best edge against guys who are capable of folding AK and AQ when shown strength.

And I will say that I've found extreme post-flop aggressiveness following a preflop raise incredibly +eV at this level. IE: constant continuation bets of about 80% of the pot, bluff check-raises, betting HUGE when I have JJ-KK and an A falls on the flop to push out A-medium, betting big on the turn when an A or a K falls and I don't have one, even little probe bets. Same with the $25-$30 SNGs. Is this just common knowledge, or have I stumbled onto something? Sometimes I go play the $55s just to see what it's like to play against people who don't put up with that crap.

I hope no one who plays against me reads this.