View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: hand from stars 500

William Hill took the exact same line against me at the final table with seven left.

It's a weird line that I'm gonna start using. I took the same line as you since most players just give it up on the turn.

When most players check behind the flop, they cannont call a turn bet. I know WilliamHill and he is a good player. Good players usually have a weak hand here, but one that might be good and are looking to get to the showdown cheaply. Pair below nine, KQ, Ax. The are usually planning to call a turn bet, but rarely have an overpair.

On the turn may be playing it like an overpair, but I don't think he has that. Your best line knowing what we not know about WilliamHill would probably be to check-push the turn, but thats some real hindsight coming into play there.

I'm a big believer in almost always choosing the most aggressive route in tournaments. I'm not against any of the lines. I think check-calling is okay too.

And last but not least, I would absolutely call on the river. The hand I fear most is 88. When he shows J-10, or busted diamonds take the pot. Also, you have him covered by 50k, which is plenty of fallback money.

Edit: You lose to 67 too, which is very consistent with his line. That is more likely than 88 IMO.