View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:16 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: i open limped on the button

when i say loose passive i mean they were loooooooooooose and passive. i dont remember the numbers but one was around 78/1 and the other 70/5 or something.

there are a few reasons why i did it. first of all, its going to be very easy to read their hands. in an unraised pot, i would guess that theyd always bet top pair and sometimes middle pair. if i raise preflop, they will check to the raiser and i will have to take shots at the pot. then im stuck blasting twice and hoping my hand is good. i think i have a significant edge postflop, by having position and knowing what they have. plus, i can beat any busted draw or A high at showdown.

i think opponents like this are great for doing this against. maybe 22 was a poor selection (though as of now i favor it over calling or folding) though. theres a lot to be said for keeping the pot small here. when im behind i ahve an easy fold. when im ahead they are getting terrible drawing odds. and further, i can usually do the right thing since its an unraised pot