View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:04 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Here\'s how.

sigh...

Among other quotes:

[ QUOTE ]
My starting hands are based religiously on your book.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
For my first 40K hands I referred to it almost every hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems you're trying to play by rote. Instead of understanding why you should be raising, you're not looking at the situation. You're just looking at a chart.

A9o on the button with one limper, for instance. Briefly: You realize you usually have that limper beat at that point, right? So a raise pressures the blinds to fold which will then leave you HU, with position against a weaker preflop hand. The situation you gave:

[ QUOTE ]
Last night it was folded around to me in CO with A8o. The button was unknown and only had 3BB in his stack. The blinds were both weak/tight, so I raised. The button called, the blinds folded, and I made a straight flush. So yeah, I understand the concept and I'm not afraid to make dangerous raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a dangerous raise.

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm still waiting for someone to look at the list I posted and tell me which of those hands I should have raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just skimmed your list. You do see that there is some info missing, right? Look at Ed's examples, then yours. Again, you seem to be only playing off a chart as far as position and disregarding the situation.

b