View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: How you should play poker....

Dude, if you didn't realize it's all a joke....

Me and a few of my friends are always coming up with completely dumb things to say at the poker table. The thing is, we're capable of saying them in a serious manner. It often sounds so serious that people actually believe us when we say it.

For example: If I'm in a hand and there's two aces on the board. I was in the big blind with rags and I end up folding to a heavy bet or two. When the hand is over and it turns out that nobody has an ace, I will say that I folded pocket aces... I had to fold them because I flopped quads and my hand couldn't improve. You'd be surprised how many people take me serious when I say this.

The one thing I say in that message about suited cards making your hand a 90% favorite... Well, believe it or not, we actually know a guy who makes this claim and he firmly believes it to be true. Now any time we're at a game we look for the chance to say we're playing our suited cards because they're a 90% favorite to win. It often sparks a series of comments about how being suited hardly makes a difference at all. But we hold our ground and insist that there's nothing more powerful than two suited cards.

Anyway, it is just a joke. I was hoping everyone would get a good laugh out of it.