Thread: Wrist/arm pain
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Wrist/arm pain

[ QUOTE ]
]Lastly, and this is key, if you're not playing more than 6 tables at once, you probably have a lot of "down time." Take your hand off the mouse! Don't idly move the mouse around to the tables as you glance at them. Instead, pick up your hand off the mouse and do something else. Cross your arms. Flex your fingers. Whatever; just off the friggin' mouse. If fresh cards come up on one table, and it's not your turn to act, don't rush to click the "Fold" button -- wait until it's your turn or your have another table to act on. Basically, minimize your time on the mouse, and make sure to do something else with your hand when you don't have to be on the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although seemingly obvious, this is probably the best way to avoid problems and one of the biggest contributing factors to why many of us are having problems as it is. You are supposed to "take a break" regularly from whatever activity is giving you problems. Personally, even though I am aware of this, I know that I leave my hand on the mouse most of the time. I only 2-table, so this is unnecessary. I am going to try to avoid touching the mouse until I have to and see if it helps. There could also be a hidden benefit of paying better attention to the game by not being able to click around while in between hands.