View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Table manipulation

Ive read my fair share of theories on how to "read the table" and then play accoring to the relative tight/loose/passive/agressiveness of the table. What I don't like about this theory is im guesing that amongst fairly skilled players playing styles can fluctuate quite a bit. Not just the style difference between player A and player B at any time, but the style difference between player A at time t1 and t2. Where t1 and t2 correspond to different times.

I was wondering if any of you had some tactics for trying to either manipulate the table towards a certain playing style. For example trying to get the perfectly tight player to loosen up with the rest of the table. Essentially trying to manipulate the environment so that there is a fairly consistant style of play amongst the table. Minimizing the variance of styles amongst the table so less memory work is needed for predictions.

It could just be too difficult to do, and dont have any ideas myself, but Im curious if anyone here has attempted to do this..