View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: folding against very lag bluffer

I call the raise and, given the fact that it's a club, check/fold the turn. If it was a non-ace offsuit card, i'd gaybet/fold to a raise from the button and call down a raise from the SB.

In general, i think people who open limp from the button arent going to be raising a weaker 4 here. Think about it. If he cared about taking control of a hand, he would have raised preflop. Some may raise weak fours to take control of the hand, but if he isnt the type to raise preflop from the button, he (probably) isnt the type to raise a 4 here.

The fact that he folded the turn doesnt change this.

You shouldnt fold to a maniac/lag, but you're pretty clearly vulnerable to a _lot_, and just because he's nuts doesnt mean he wont occasionally pick up a hand. When you arent already drawing slim against him, he's probably drawing quite live.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are either WA/WB here. SB either has the flush or was hoping it would be a scare card for you. Either is likely, given your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt at all WA/WB. It's about as far from it as you can get. You're either a bit ahead, or way behind. Any club with overcards is drawing extremely live (12-15 cards). Any pair above your 4, flush or trips has you drawing to 2-5 cards.