View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Can I fold to THIS river raise

I fear a raise on any street when I am only holding top pair. Doesn't mean I don't bet. But when a somewhat predictable player wakes up with a raise, it's hard to believe you have the best hand anymore. I obviously have no reason to believe he went runner runner flush, but there are lots of other semi-reasonable hands that beat me here.

After reading the replies, making a crying call into a reasonably sized pot seems easily justified, if not for the small chance I win the pot as to keep table image and stop other people from bluff-raising me on the river in similar situations.

[ QUOTE ]
I always call this because of the pot and if he was lucky enough to hit a runner-runner flush, then fine but I can see myself winning here against QJ, J10 and other pairs quite often. Because of his limp preflop this could very well be one of those hands but I could also see him sitting with two pair.

Btw, how come you bet the river if a raise scare you? I prefer check/call if I don't want a raise. Saves me 1 bet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]