View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: What to do with next 9 months of my life?

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently some obscene % of Aussie HS students take a few years before college to sow wild oats and become citizens of the world. This is a +++++ good idea. Tell them: 1. You want to learn about other cultures (like in Monte Carlo/Aviation?) 2. It will make you more responsible once you hit college. 3. It's cheaper than traveling in the US (not really, but what do they know)... 4. KKF will put you up for free in Thailand. 5. You'll get lots of foreign strange.

If none of these brilliant points work, look in to Language or Art study programs in Europe or elsewhere. The parents will think you're learning something while you travel around on breaks and have a good time anyway. Do NOT spend your free months doing crap lab work at NIH or some BS. I went straight to college and ended up dropping out...If I had taken a year off I would have made much better decisions down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

GA's absolutely correct.

I enrolled in a summer program at University of Cambridge and went travelling in SE Asia and Oceania for 7 months as a college student. I had loads of fun, banged lots of women, learned a ton - and, no lie, both experiences look great on a resume.

Don't do something stupid by staying home.