Thread: QQ Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: QQ Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise pre-flop because I felt it may severely diminish any chance of check-raising on later streets. No doubt I gave up beaucoup equity by this decision. But I also felt I would win the pot more often by just calling pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this concept, but stuff like this has been discussed at depth on the forums and I'm pretty sure just about everyone agrees in the long run the extra small bets are worth more than winning the pot more often. The limp preflop, checkraise plan just leaves you with too small of a pot, and you end up getting totally killed on the later streets when someone flops a set, but not winning a lot of bets when your hand is good. If you put a lot of money in preflop, the times you lose to a set don't hurt as much.
If you really want to checkraise, I think you could raise preflop and still get a checkraise in on the flop quite often. You check the flop with 6 guys to act one of them will decide to bet, especially because your hand will look like AK to them.