View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Stupid bluffing idiots that get lucky

Any idiot knows that JT suited heads up is a SIGNIFICANT underdog to a pair lower than tens. A pair of twos usually has AT BEST one overcard against it. This is a bad beat if I've ever seen one, you guys need to re-evaluate your hand rankings obviously... The fact that he had a STRAIGHT FLUSH DRAW is insignificant, as the jack made him a bigger pair... I mean, there are only THREE jacks left in the deck, what are the odds that Villain would catch a JACK on the river?

Seriously though, one question for OP, what would you do if you had your opponents hand and you flopped a straight flush draw, would you fold, obviously knowing that you're beat, and if you wind up winning you will have dished out a "bad beat," thus folding is best because AT THE MOMENT you don't have the best hand and making the best hand is likely, but not guaranteed, or would you call knowing that you're a FAVORITE against almost any hand against you? I think the choice is clear, and YOU need to understand that this is in no way a "suckout."