View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:37 PM

Default On the Edge - IX: Define \'Post\'?

Here are a couple of pharagraphs drawn from Toth's "Internet Magazine" Nov. article. Notice he's used either the words "posted" or "post" 4 times. I searched in vain thru my 2+2 books for a definition, finding only a couple of usages of them in Schoonmaker's "Psychology of Poker" book, and these didn't present a definition, either.

[ QUOTE ]
"Tony took a cigarette break on his big blind a few hours later, as he had done every second orbit to my aggrevation; it limited the opportunities I had to steal the blinds, since he always raised his post if it was folded to him. He came back and posted. It was folded to him, and he checked. If he hadn't posted, I would've gone for a blind steal as I had yet to be picked off. However, given the money in the pot, it was unlikely I could get him to fold pre-flop.

I knew his hand was terrible as he'd raised every time he'd posted, and it was folded to him. He'd shown down hands ranging from one-gappers (six-four offsuit), to suited cards (nine-deuce suited), to Broadway-rag (jack-trey offsuit), to pocket pairs (aces). Between my position, my image, this information, and the blinds being tight and willing to fold, I determined this a good opportunity to raise regardless of my holding."

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd appreciate it very much if someone would define "post" or "posted" for me! Since I limit my play to NL HE, and his is a limit poker example, and because I'm an intermediate poker player at best, I suspect this is a silly question, but after all this is the place to "post" such a thing!

Dave