View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: AQo, monotone flop.

[ QUOTE ]
If this guy is a gold mine in the hand why risk driving him out with a preflop raise that might only be worth 2/3 of a small bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the whole point: it won't fold him out. He'll call pf regardless of whether its one or two back to him. "Waiting for a more expensive street," like facing him with two cold on the turn, is much more likely to drive him out.

[ QUOTE ]
Please point out where I advocate a flop checkraise when the hero flops a monster. I specifically said by calling preflop one can wait to a more expensive street(i.e. turn or river) before giving a hint about the strenghth of ones hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll make much more money 3betting pf and leading the whole way than you will flat calling and c/ring the turn. I did say flop c/r in my earlier post, but the same principle applies to the turn. You're going to get an immediate fold much more often with your c/r than you will early folds when you lead lead lead.

Just curious, do you flat call TT in this spot? JJ? 99? AQs? It really sounds like you're playing this with a mindset of avoiding difficult postflop decisions or suckouts instead of maximizing value.
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see him gone

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]