View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Open Letter to Sick People

[ QUOTE ]
Get the [censored] away from me.

Either spend a few days in a lab and find a cure for the common cold or quarantine yourselves in your bedroom from November to February. We do not need to hear your incessant coughing or disgusting sniffling, and neither should we have to.

That is all.

This applies to people with AIDS too but I figured that was a given.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never get sick. Some chick got me sick recently. Sucked. During my sickness (mild coughing / sneezing) I went to meet a friend at a coffee shop. Sat down at the only available table inside waiting for friend (there's a patio, but since I felt a little sick didn't wanna sit outside).

Only available table inside happened to be next to this family (young parents, 2 young kids). I sneezed, and the father looked at me apprehensively. And he asked "are you sick dude?". And I said "a little, but it's been a couple days I doubt I'm contagious if you're worried."

Then he said - "huh, OK that's cool man. Thing is, I mean, what's the ethical right move here?" And I said "huh?"

And he said "well if you're sick, and I don't wanna sit next to a sick person, should you move cause you're 1 person, or should I have to move my whole family?"

I just ignored him and then he moved his family. Am I a [censored]?