View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Variance - Advice Please!

Hey All,

Was just looking on some advice on variance from you guys.

First a little history on me:
Started playing poker 2 years ago, and have built up a bank roll from an initial $200, to over 14k now. I am a winning player, but still feel I have loads to learn.

I mainly play multi table tourneys and $200 NL Cash - mainly at Stars.

I recently had a pretty good run on stars and won two tourneys and made a few bucks on the cash tables and added 8k to my roll.

HOWEVER, since the beginning of November, my luck has run out - and so I feel, has my GOOD PLAY. It is a catch 22 for me: I am chasing more draws etc (only when I have the odds) but just not hitting - am constantly getting outdrawn on the river, and making crying calls 'just to check'. I know this is something that I need to plug again, and it will happen.

Something I can not control however, is the constant preflop all ins I am losing. AK v AQ AA v QQ etc etc. This is just something that will relieve itself over time - I KNOW THAT!

My point in the post though, is that, each and every one of us goes through this at MANY stages in their poker playing career.

How do you all deal with it?

I am finding it hard at the moment constantly getting sucked out, as well as playing at about 70% of my game (this is because of my frustration).

Any recommendations to get me over this bad spot (aside from asking to come and play at my table [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]).

Cheers,

Jon