View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: How to get the confidence back?

I don't play anywhere near your stakes and this isn't that insightful of a post but I'll add it anyways.

Over the summer I had no job and no school and played a lot of online poker. I was playing above my roll a bit but those weren't where a lot of my big losses came from. I probably had about 4k in the poker roll and was playing everything from 50nl 6max to 400nl 10 max, sometimes split 50/50 with a buddy. I also played some 30+3 SNG's and a little bit of 2/4 limit.

Anyhow...lets just say I had a dreadful month. Dreadful. If I sat for 4 hours and played good poker and broke even I was relieved. If I got my money in and the other guy wasn't drawing dead chances are my roll was gonna take a hit, and it did. Totally obliderated me.

Anyhow, here I am 6 months later, finally building up a bit of a roll again. It's taken til now to not be AFRAID to get my money in in a NL cash game. Up until now a set was scary with all the money in, nowadays I can't flop a set but when I do I'm happy to get my whole stack in the middle, and I've been winning [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ok so i've been rambling...and it's been useless. Since you've been through this before you know what YOU need to do to deal with losing and get back on your horse with the confidence you used to have. I think you're doing the right think, playing below your roll until you realize that you are good enough to beat these games. Maybe play 5/10 nl for the time being and in your spare time you can scout the bigger games that you plan on moving back to after you get more comfortable.

Good luck finlandish king I'm pullin for ya