View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Pushing Jacks Preflop

Hmmm. I almost didn't post this because I thought my push was pretty standard. But, the first 3 responders disagree, so here's the reasoning:

--there's $33 in the middle right now. That's 1/3 of a buy-in so I would be happy to have that. And I have a chance to get it by effectively putting only $7.50 more in the middle and play it HU agst the shortstack. That's good odds.

--Both CO and UTG have shown the strength of their hands, UTG twice. Doubtful either has QQ-AA, so I am ahead of both of them. (And if either held QQ, they might lay it down to my push)

--If I just call, CO is priced in to call as well. Now we are playing a 4-way set main pot. And we are playing 3-way for a sidepot which has $0 in it at the moment.

Any Q, K, A on the flop and it's very tricky for me to play sandwiched between two players. If it's all undercards, I'm probably getting it all in the middle, but only someone who flopped a set (pp=likely UTG hand) is going to go all the way with me more often than not, and then I get stacked. So really, only if I flop a set will I be happy if I just call.

--If I raise, any reasonable raise (PSR) from me commits me to the pot anyway (and whoever calls me, as well) as it will be around half my stack. So I chose to get it all in the middle.

Thoughts?