View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: cards flow hot and cold!!

[ QUOTE ]
My own hot-cold story that made me scratch my head: a few weeks ago when playing B&M low limit two nights in a row - First night down 34BB; second night, up 75BB.

The results were very different; I did try to evaluate my play a little bit from night 1 to night 2 - I started limping more pre-flop and not playing medium strength hands as aggressively. I'm sure the cards hit me a lot harder on night 2 as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for sharing that! i like posts like this. how people are actually winning or losing (as opposed to all these "what was he playing?").....

how many people saw flop on average? the 4-5 of your basic loose-passive.... yeah, i've got away from raising with tons of stuff and watch position closely (in any rules/limits etc. and mid-strength hands are death in looser games .

more appropriate comment to no-limit, but i have to get away from thinking checking is really weak. i see the pro's check constantly. although you need to check-raise occasionally to keep your opponents a little honest.

rivers have been really expensive as i mentioned and i know it's wrong as soon as $$$$ goes in (i know better, but i can't help myself)

low limit, it seems like the flush (and to lesser degree straight) are king.... no-limit, seems 3 of a kind is king.