View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: NFL running backs

I don't buy your argument. It could go for a lot of positions. If the RB that you have is head and shoulders above everyone else's then it makes a huge difference. If any player on your team would make the opposing offensive/defensive coordinator modify their gameplan away from your other players to contain that player then there is top dollar value. This could be anyone maybe not a guard or safety because they would be drafted for a different position but a tackle (offensive or defensive) a corner, a receiver, linebacker, any position - it is irrelevant. The only thing that should matter is if that guy is likely to be that much of a difference maker. The only other option is to pick a top QB and hope it works out, or get what you can for the pick and save the cap space for a later year.

I don't know if Reggie Bush is that guy or not... He could be the next Gale Sayers, or he could be the next Charlie White. I am not convinced on him until I see him in the NFL, but I really only see highlights of college football so I am not qualified to have any opinion on Bush except for what I read in the newspaper.