View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: I must hate money. AA with alot of action.

Hmmm, tricky one.

On the flop: I have to admit I am very confused by the BB. Preflop he was sort of trapped since his first call was to your single raise and could have been with a lot of hands. When it comes back capped to him, he does not want to fold. I really can't see any reason for him to bet on the flop if he did not hit anything, but hitting may be A7 or 88 for that matter. Since UTG and MP1 comes along, your raise is good (since you are more likely than 25% to win this pot). I think your cap is good for the same reason, even if his 3-bet confuses me. Don't even consider folding, he is "protecting" 88 etc. often enough to warrant minimum a call down.

Turn: The turn should not have helped him, but I still would not raise the turn, since he may 3-bet and scare out UTG and MP1, making your raise close to valueless. A call is good. Again, don't even consider folding, you are good enough much more often that the cost of your remaining bets relative to the pot.

River: Bet, although it is marginal. Even if the board scares them to not bet they may still call with hands you beat in this big pot, when they have gone this far. His river checkraise is so absurd that I don't understand what hand he has, but it appears likely it is 65s or something. The pot is so big though, that you call (you only need to be good 4% or something). You should not berate yourself for falling into this trap on the river because it was highly unlikely that he would play like this.