Thread: Caro Article
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Caro Article

And may I add, Mr. Malmuth, that both poker psychology books published by your fine company are among the most useful and important books I own. Caro is a good businessman and his reputation is not one of a mathematician (like Sklansky and yourself) but one of an expert at reading players. I think the math is much more important in limit than NL. I've played NL my entire poker-playing life and I suck at math. I don't even think of math I think exclusively of my opponents. What types of hands they play in various situations. What their actions indicate, etc. You can't stack a player in one hand in limit, but you definitely can in NL. Picking off bluffs in limit can earn you an extra bet or two, in NL it can earn you their entire stack. Overplaying a hand in limit can lose you a few bets, it can lose you a lot more in NL. So, I think that in NL, there is some truth to what he is saying. As far as badmouthing two eminent poker players/authors, well, that's just bad for poker. If you disagree with anything I have written, I warn you right now, I will not argue with you. I know better than to argue with those who know plenty more than I do.