View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Betting draws OOP - raised vs limped pots?

Question:

What's a standard line when you flop a nut-draw OOP?

Case 1
You limp in SB/BB (3+way pot) with Axs and flop a 2-flush with 9 clean nut-outs.
a) Lead out 50-75% of pot and reraise big if raised.
b) Check-raise?
c) check-call?

I like bet/3-bet more, but I'm not sure about a good turn line if called on flop.
Perhaps check-call turn, sometimes getting a free card!? Or keep pounding?

As i see it, the main advantages of betting the draw are twofold: 1) the fold-equity (which may be minor), but also 2) that betting gives some disguise to the hand when it hits. Also when betting 50-75% of pot you set almost decent odds for your draw considering the implied odds earned with the disguise.

Check-raising also has its merits - you could get a free draw, and greater fold-equity when you reraise - but it doesn't mix in well with my set-line of always fastplaying sets and 2pairs.

Check-calling sucks imo - no FE, and no disguise. Against certain simple opponents it might be the way to go though - like againt notorious calling stations.

thoughts?

Case 2
You call a preflop bet HU from OOP with AKs (if there's a caller in already, I always reraise BIG with AKo/AKs). You flop a nut-flush with overs.

Here I always bet/3bet - FE is much higher HU, and if you don't hit the A or K it's very likely that the pfr also missed. But perhaps that'd be a great reason to check and let him bet?

But what is good when the pfr just calls? Keep up bet/3-bet on turn or check-call, check raise? I don't know.

Thoughts?

/Zal3