View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: ready to move up? poker grader results

It's already been said, but you really shouldn't be basing your decision (or more accurately, asking us to) off of 3500 hands.

Now that that's out of the way, whether or not to move up really is more about internal conditions than it is about raw stats (or "grades")...or even about results. You have the bankroll to move up, so that's not an issue. Do you have the confidence? Do you think your game is good enough? Have you done your homework, and scouted some games at the 5/10 level to see how you measure up?

In all honesty, the move from 2/4 to 3/6 is much more difficult than the one from 3/6 to 5/10, at least in my opinion. 2/4 really does play a lot like 1/2, while 3/6 is where you start seeing a fair number of truly tight/aggressive opponents, and even a lot of the donks are capable of making decent moves against you from time to time (and making stoopid moves the rest of the time). Once you've adequately tweaked your game around that, 5/10 is really just more of the same; a little tighter and a little more aggressive, on average, but not a terribly big jump to make. Note that I'm basing my analysis on the games at Party; if you're playing on a different site, I might be a little off.

Sorry to answer your question with more questions, but this really is the kind of decision that you have to make for yourself. Then again, it's been my experience that most people who post this question have already made the decision, and are just looking for some affirmation before taking the plunge. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nothing wrong with that, just saying. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]