Thread: Table Selection
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Table Selection

I like the reference! I have learned quite a bit from searching through Peter's old posts. His analysis of why it is best to always bet an ace high flop when you put in the raise PF has probably made me more money in shorthanded play then any other single bit of advice.

I think that Peter is really focusing on being a student of the game in this post, not on what makes the most money. Or maybe it was just the mood he was in that day. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I still feel that most of my success in poker comes not from any great play on my part, but simply in taking advantage of sitting down against the worst players I can find. Wynton's post is an extension of this. Instead of proving yourself in difficult situations, just move on and find an easier situation. It is a double-edged sword for sure, but when you remove your ego from your play it is solid advice. Hopefully, I can get to the point where I play for pure enjoyment of competition and the thrill of beating the best, but until that day ...

Dave