View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 03:15 AM

Default deep-stack 5-10 hand: JJ out of position

live 5-10, it was 6- or 7-handed at 6 or 7 am. background info on villain: he's a dangerous player, plays fast and loose and very aggressive. when i first got into the game he had a 5k+ stack; he then lost it all, reloaded for the max of 1500, and now a few hours later has a 5k+ stack again. he's been raising at least 50% of his hands, and probably over 90% when he's in position, which has been making me pretty miserable since i'm 3 seats to his left, so my blinds have been getting raised every round. i started the hand with ~4300, he has me covered.

he raises from the co to 35, meaning he has 2 cards. sb calls, i'm in the bb and see JJ. reraise? i just called.

flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

we check to him and he bets 50, sb folds and i raise to 200 straight. he says, "are you pulling a move?" and calls. i'm thinking he has a flush draw.

turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

pretty innocuous card. i lead for 400, he calls. now i'm thinking, hmm, am i getting trapped? but i still believe i have the best hand.

river: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

another seemingly harmless card. what's my play here? comments on other streets welcomed also.