View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: $109... Bite Now... Okay, Now... Please?

[ QUOTE ]
There have been alot of replies with no insight at all. Bones made a very good point though and that's part of what I was thinking on the hand.

My thought process throughout the hand is what is he calling with that he doesn't bet. He's also drawing to like 2 outs maybe. On the river, if he hit his A he's almost always betting and will have a lot of trouble folding to my c/r all-in.

I think it's pretty easy to look at this post and be like, dude, you have a good hand, bet. I'm not saying what I did was right, but a lot of the analysis here has no backing to it. Bet the turn, bet the river... why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Structuring your play hoping not only an ace comes on the river and hoping that he indeed has that ace and wants to bet on it seems an odd way of earning chips.

Now put the villain on 77 and you will see why betting before the river make sense. He knows you are playing any two and most likely the flop missed you. Or for that matter put him on A5, A7, a pocket pair etc. You want him to get not only one but two free cards?

I think you are trying to be way too fancy here. Add that what is in the middle already is 30% of the size of your stack. Picking up those 500 is an ok outcome, right?