View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Standard MTT strategy correct for ALL?

Classic type of debate: On the bubble as one of the top chip leaders - #1 chip leader pushes you all in. Deep-stacked - do you call? Of course, I agree and understand that it would be correct to call as a 60% favorite or better - and possibly even calling a coin flip...

but sn't the whole nature of this decision related to the long term of poker? The quote, 'continually applying a 60/40 edge in a tourney would make you one of top tournament players' comes to mind. Meaning - if you play 1000s of MTT tourneys this risk will add up in great profits for you...in the long run...

My question is - what if you don't play enough MTTs to SEE the 'long-run.' Do/should you play the same?

To boil it down to a specific situation...Say I only play one online MTT every month. Given the fact that I may have to wait several more months (only a couple tourneys) to be in a similar chip stack going into the blinds - is it still correct to call?

Does playing MTTs (or even cash games for that matter) somewhat infrequently change anyones views of correct decision making?