View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: How far do you go with a set?

Remembering that I have no clue in general...

U say SB calls down on draws any piece but what about his play here? Is he strictly call with anything but only raise the nuts? Assuming MP has a read that SB sucks (isn't that the general read an OK player gives a fish? I do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) could he be trying to get you out of the pot with TPTK or some such hand here hoping and expecting to have the best of it with 1 card to come against SB on his own? He (MP) may have you on on a flush draw if he's seen you bet draws and expect you to lay it down on the turn. Do we care about SB in this hand at all other than that he is adding money to the pot to increase your odds?

I guess wih no raise preflop 68 is a possible hand for MP but I seriously doubt 63, and with no raise an overpair seems unlikely although he does seem to prefer to limp than raise preflop.

Having rambled on and failed miserably to come to any coherent conclusion I go with my gut and call it. If you are right aout SB calling behind I reckon you have a decent overlay and expect to win here more than 1/3 if the time . PLus you have outs to a boat unless he has TT.