View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: NO HEART, NO HEART, NO HEART

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll catch him bluffing 1 in 14 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

With what hand? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, just saying we need to figure out what he can have that he would play this way which we still beat.

AK/AQ maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, by "bluffing," I meant betting any non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand just because it's checked to him and he thinks he may be able to win the pot by betting. He obviously can't have complete air given the flop/turn action.

The problem here is it's hard to determine how a 27/10/.62 plays this river, since those stats are so weird. His stats show that he's bad, and bad players make surprisingly odd plays. I've seen a lot of loose passives who like to bluff/bet crap hands when shown weakness, and I wouldn't put it past this guy to bet something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x on this river. Of course, he'll usually have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x, but our opponent plays weirdly, and we're getting 1:13 on a call.

Also, the "bluffing 1 in 14" figure I brought up earlier is wrong because sometimes (rarely), MP1 will overcall and win.