View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 08:08 AM

Default Re: The next M. Night Shamylamylabadoobi movie

he's been catching a lot of guff for some of his movies...

but I think he's one of the most innovative and creative directors out there - he loves throwing you surprises and tells stories that NO ONE else is telling -

I mean, come on....

I have a feeling he's not angling for the "Surprise Twist" on this one, though we may get one - (like Mermaids being flesh eating vampires - I could see that - LOL) - but I personally have really enjoyed every single one of his films.

Some guys just don't get it - some of us don't want to watch Rambo part IV or "Yet More 2 Fast 2 Furious - we want new and inventive stories, songs and movies (and OOT posts - LOL) - - we don't want to be spoonfed our entertainment - we want to be surprised and find things we didn't think we'd find at the end and walk out going "whoa".

And he goes out of his way to do this and out of his way to obscure the plot of the story. Know how when you see a trailer and you know immediately what you're dealing with and what it's about - with M. Night, you never get enough to be able to catagorize it - even right now, I don't know if his new film is going to be a fantasy tale or some creepy dark horror story waiting to surface.

And I like that, cause I know he can tell a good story and I WANT to be surprised with something new...

Never understood the M. Night haters - never understood it and I don't now.