View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: did I just get scared off the best hand?

I don’t think calling 4th is a bad play. There is nothing even remotely scary behind
you (seat 7s hearts are dead; besides, he was the bring-in and basically has a completely random hand). You will have to improve anyway to beat seat 1 (at least most of the time) so your not worried about someone behind you making two pairs.
If the pot was bigger - say raised and re-raised on 3rd - the risk-reward ratio for raising is much more favourable.
That said, I don’t see anything wrong with raising. Or folding, for that matter. Just base your decision on seat 1.

I don’t see anything wrong with folding 5th either. Two things just happened - seat 7 caught “scary” and seat 1 bet anyway. Hmmm….
Of course, seat 1 should bet here with two pairs. Hearts are plenty dead, the 3 is unlikely to have made him a straight and these morons call paired doors with exactly nothing all the time. So like dsaxton said, base your decision on your read on seat 1. If you think he’ll only bet with trips here, you should obviously fold. If you think he’ll bet with two pairs, call.