Thread: yo cossio wtf?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: yo cossio wtf?

I wanted to give someone else a chance to comment on the action before posting my opinion. I think the limp is bad. Jeff said it pretty well. (The hand was at his table but we were discussing the plays as they happened so I was aware of the players behind sirio etc.)

There are a lot of reasons and a lot of explantions why to not randomly limp aces in various positions in nlhe with standard stacks. I didn't see any extenuating circumstances here.

Since the topic of these forums sucking has come up I'll try my best to add some real value. Once you limp aces sirio are you planning to fold at any point? If your opponents are so bad you will confidently go broke on any board with aces don't you think they will call an extra 40 or 60 or whatever preflop? Hell in my experience I get more action postflop when I raise. People "put me on ak" and call down with any piece of the flop.

Another question for sirio: if someone did raise were you reraising or calling?

By the way these forums do suck pretty badly compared to both the fixed hold em forums. I rarely play limit hold em and I love reading those. I probably learn more about nl tournament play from those than the posts here. I guess I may have contributed to the general poor quality by making a post directed at another poster. I thought other posters would get a kick out of this unusual (in someone else's words "donkish") play. I guess the beginners can learn not to limp aces.

Oh and I PMed you exitonly.