View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Black Friday Shopping Hell Trip

I went to Walgreens for some milk about 6:00 this morning. As I walked in, a group of women walked in just ahead of me, and asked a clerk where the DVD players were. I figured it must be a BF thing. "In the corner, near the camera area," pointing toward the big Drop Off Your Film counter.

I had to walk past there to get my milk. As I tried to pass these three women, THEIR ELBOWS CAME UP. They weren't swinging them--they may not have even been conscious of what their arms were doing. But those elbows definitely came up, and they definitely relaxed when I passed the cameras and headed for the dairy case.

Read a great post elsewhere about a guy's fight to get one of 15 cheap laptops at WalMart. 150 people surrounding a single pallet; NONE of them leaving when the manager reminded them there were only 15 available; WalMart lady employee screaming for her life as pandemonium breaks out as soon as she cuts the tape on the pallet; our hero gets the first laptop, then has to fight his way through the crowd to get away from the pallet, as two different people tried to jerk the laptop from his hands.

His post also ended with the words, "Never again."

I also found it funny that he was up at that hour, in the middle of that fight, and putting down everyone else involved as "nuts".