View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: NBA moneyline questions (and another)

[ QUOTE ]
thanks guys!

i appreciate the responses!!

i haven't looked into it alot but not sure i agree about betting big moneyline favorites being suicidal. just don't bet your entire bankroll because one loss and you're done. so use good money management.

i would focus on the lousiness of the road team more than the greatness of the home team.

when i said bet on moneyline favorites. i meant the spread is zero but you are betting 600 to win 100.

you could have spread and moneyline on same bet i.e. they'll tease the line.

anyhow, really enjoying the great responses i get on here. and not saying i'm right about the moneylines. i'd like to look into it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you are understanding what I was saying. We will assume youalways bet 2% of your bankroll.

What i was saying is that sometimes the moneyline has more value than the spread and vice versa. Here is an example that will never happen. DAL +3 -110 and ML +200. Obviously, taking the +200 is the better play there because the ML for a 3 point dog is much less than +200. In fact, for a +3 -110 NFL dog the equivalent ML is +129; they are the exact same lines. If you can find a ML better than +129 than that is better than betting the spread. But, if the ML was +110, then the spread would be better (all of this is assuming you have an edge..so if you like DAL +3 -110 and think that has an edge, but then you see DAL +140 (won't happen), you should bet the ML). The same goes for big favorites or any line. You want to bet the side that has the most value and that can be quantified with no guess work. One last exageratted example, ATL -10 -110 or ML -110, which one would you take?

craig