View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Quick quiestion about SB-defense

[ QUOTE ]
The question then becomes what do you raise with. I think your situation is pretty similar to the usual button stealing situation. When you steal on the button, you are raising against two random hands. You do not have a blind posted, but you have position. In your small blind situation, if the button is stealing 100% of the time, you are also raising against two random hands. You do not have position, but this is mitigated by the fact that you do have a blind posted. So whatever you would normally steal with, were you on the button, you should 3-bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting way of thought. Mucho thanks for input. Though i guess it's too weak to 3-bet here only with my button-steal hands cause i tend to believe position weigh a bit less against this player than 0.25bb/h so the reason i posted SB forces me to play more hands than my button steal range.

I'm a bit surprising most people hate calling SB. I call occasionally against too agressive stealer with hands like JTo or 89s especially if BB is decent. Calling shows some respect to decent BB until he start to cap too heavily. These hands has no SD-value but have high flopping abilities - more than 50% of time you will hit *something* and could proceed or execute some valuable semi-bluffing to burn some better *trash* (Q-high,K-high) hands of the button. Also decent BB could fold even if you just call.