Thread: 2-4 KQ
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: 2-4 KQ

[ QUOTE ]

A call is better than a fold both PF and on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling pre-flop is going to result in a post flop nightmare. oftentimes we're out of position with a hand that does not play well multiway. I'd rather thin the field pre-flop then take the chance nobody else will limp behind me. you can also play less guessing games on later streets depending on how the SB acts to your EP raise.

[ QUOTE ]

It surprised me that she would raise preflop, check/call flop, and then donk the turn. For some reason this screamed JACK to me

[/ QUOTE ]

If her turn bet screams jack then why did you call down? At that point you're drawing to two outs and getting 4.5:1. What are you expecting to hit on the river if you think your opponent has a jack? Also if youthink your opponent is overly aggressive and may not have a jack then you most likely have the best hand. You opponent could donk QT or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or KX [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or even X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Y [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

This is a good example of WA/WB.