View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Black Friday Shopping Hell Trip

Black friday is named as such since all the Big Retailers spend all year in the Red until today. Thats what I heard. Scroll down to the end to see what I got for cheap.

So me and my bros head over to Best Buys at 4am an hour before the store is to open. I'm not expecting to see many people there so I'm unpleasantly surprised to see a huge line zig-zagging across the parking lot and heading across the block. These people really enjoy their sales. I grab a flyer to see what kinda deals they have. Kodak 5MP Camera for $130, Panasonic MiniDV Camcorder for $250, Insignia Portable 7" DVD Player for $70, Seinfield and 24 Season Box Sets for $20. Some good stuff. I get in line way back in the end while my brother headed over to Staples. I later found out that these poeple have been waiting for 4 hours since CompUSA nextdoor had a midnight sale. I'm in the store by 5:10am and find myself in total chaos. Everyone had a crazed panicked look on their face as they rushed from aisle to aisle. All the hot items were already gone. A massive line to the cash registers had already formed. I swam through the crowds looking for anything, but I find nothing. I gave up and headed to Staples.

Its now 6am and the doors had just opened. Its funny how those 7 people in line in front of you somehow swells up into 70. We quietly shuffle into the store and until someone makes a move at which point the whole line broke into a mad dash for the doorbuster items. People pushed from all sides trying to get ahead and claim the vouchers for the most popular deals. I grabbed a hand cart and ran my ass off dodging all the other guys like it was football. Pure pandemonium. I tossed myself into the crowd. I didn't know what I was getting. All I knew was that everyone wanted one. I manage to grab a couple of vouchers for who knows what and box that everyone seem to want. People were trampled, tempers were lost, blood was shed. Inevitably a fight broke out between 5 or 6 people. Staples didn't know what hit them.

Heres what I ended up with:

Paper Shredder for free.

Sandisk 512MB for $13.

Proton 7" DVD Player for $90.

200GB Internal Hard Drive for $30.

Final thoughts: Never again.