View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: I\'ve Never Felt So Sexy...

Hi, WD,

Nice interesting hand for discussion.
You played kind of a standard OOP WA/WB line, which seems right.
Were you surprised when UK checked the river? And what did you put him on at that point? And did you find it odd that "nut" didn't do anything very nutty, jst calling along until the river? There's just no telling what he might have, and raising him was a good idea, IMO. But I am still thinking about UK.

If you assume he's a decent player, then you can try to put him on a range of hands. I think AA, KK and QQ are all pretty unlikely, since he wouldn't want it checked thru on the river so he'd bet out into 2 opps who have just been calling. I suppose TT and 99 are possible, but there are a lot of players, most players in fact that I have played with, that don't raise 99 p/f. Plus I have to think he'd bet out with a set. He could have AK or AQ or KQ, suited or no, and I found myself thinking of AJh with him missing his flush draw, and checking the river. And I guess he could have small pairs. In a hand like this one where UK was betting and you and nutso were just calling, and since he just sat down, I think UK would be betting if he had a K or a Q, or both, or a set.

So I like your C/R and I'd call a 3-bet.