View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Should you play low PP\'s early in $10/$20\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
Does no one want to post some real results here?

[/ QUOTE ]I imagine the sample sizes are pretty small. For instance, I set up filters to show hands where I held 22-99, I was between 0 and 4 positions off the button, there were 8 or 9 players at the table (PS) and at least 3 players saw the flop. Only 80 hands meet those criteria. I'm a net loser on those hands (4180 chips over 80 hands). In looking over the hands, I don't think I played some of them that well, so maybe I could have turned a profit. But, I haven't figured out how often I limped and folded to a raise.

I only stacked someone once (though I probably could have gotten another with better play). I also got stacked. (I pushed 980 into a 1640 pot when a second heart appeared on the turn, got two calls and one of them hit a flush. The guy had 13 outs on the river, but he was the first caller, so he wasn't getting good odds unless he knew the 3rd player would come a long a significant portion of the time. This is not meant as a bad beat post, just pointing out that with a sample size this small, one such result can have a big impact -- if I had won this hand, I'd be a net winner of chips over the sample.)