View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Live Poker on Thanksgiving Day

i watched the whole thing, and it was pretty entertaining. i'm not positive, but it may have been the first time we could see live poker with pros playing on the bubble. nothing completely out of the ordinary, saw a good amount of tight laydowns.

i really enjoyed matusow and the others rippin on hellmuth. matusow praised him for making "great laydowns," one of my favorite fillmaff jokes.

there was one interesting hand 6-handed where ulliot raised from the button i believe with q2 (he was chip leader at this point and in a very aggressive mode), and hellmuth flat called with tens. flop was Q low low, and ulliot bet out. hellmuth made a disgusted look and said out loud, "i put him on kings preflop." the whole table and myself burst out laughing. he must have had an annie duke moment. phil folded the tens and the table continued to laugh. then, we had a truncated phil rant (this was a black tie affair, he was almost professional) and ripped on fergusen for calling his allin (kj) with A5. great line: "i think he made a bad call, i mean, i KNOW he made a bad call, and it was 47 percent to 53 percent, and, i mean, why cant I win the hand?"

the all in call with 106 suited by gus wasnt so bad given he was layed decent odds given his short stack and he said he read ivey as having a playable hand but not a monster. the call with Q8, i can't vouch for.

nice to see live poker, especially with the pros. happy thanksgiving to everyone.