View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: I can\'t stand conversations that involve politics

I took a political science class and I actually found it very interesting; namely the game theory aspects of running a government.

Most of the posters mentioned a lot of the stuff that I believe. I find that it can be interesting to talk about specific issues with friends sometimes, as long as they arent deuches about it (ie-they just talk and hear opinions without freaking out about it). However, I don't think that a party atmosphere is the best place for this, nor an enjoyable dinner with friends and family.

As for the girl issue, I don't feel like people who seemingly are knowledgeable (although many times just regurgitate stuff they've heard from media sources) are necessarily smart. As someone mentioned, it's similar to discussing sports; I can name almost every player on the Bears but that doesn't entail any form of intelligence. So my conclusion for this would be that it shouldn't impress a girl and if it does, it'll be a minority of girls.

As for the guy who seemed to insinuate that I was saying "nobody should ever talk at parties!" way to make no sense there buddy.